If your pet is experiencing a life-threatening illness or injury, seek immediate veterinary care.
Call ahead at (970) 297-5000 to help us prepare for your arrival. We’re open for emergencies and critical care 24/7, year-round including holidays.
300 West Drake Road
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523
Our experienced emergency team is equipped to handle any medical situation and is always here to provide rapid assessment, stabilization, treatment, and care you can trust – when you need it the most.
Consider bringing your pet in for an emergency evaluation if they are experiencing trauma, labored or difficulty breathing, collapse or loss of consciousness, seizures, change in mental status or activity, toxin ingestion, severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea, open fractures, or a rattlesnake bite.
We triage animals as they arrive and provide skilled, compassionate care for ill and injured animals, and are fully equipped to handle all types of patient needs from minor to emergent.
A full medical plan and cost estimate will be provided to and approved by you before any medical care takes place. An initial fee of $210 will be charged for any patient checked into the emergency and urgent care service.
If hospitalization is required, patients will be transferred to another service within the hospital and housed in either Critical Care or Intermediate Care depending on the treatment needed.
- Critical Care: Hospitalization and post-operative 24-hour care for critically ill patients, including ventilation if needed
- Intermediate Care: Hospitalization and 24-hour care for less critical and recovering patients
Our hospital is certified as a Level II Veterinary Trauma Center by the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society, and is equipped to handle any veterinary emergency whether it requires minor or rapid life-saving treatment.
- Arterial blood gas monitoring
- Central, multilumen, PICC IV catheters
- Chest tube placement, management, continuous drainage
- Comprehensive fluid therapy
- Continuous rate infusions (CRIs) of drugs
- Critical care mechanical ventilation
- Electrolyte/acid based disorders
- Multiparameter monitoring (EKG, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, capnography)
- Oxygen supplementation
- Pain management
- Post-operative critical care management
- Transfusion therapy
- Trauma resuscitation
We partner with the hospital’s diagnostic imaging service to provide advanced imaging technologies and services to our clients.
A dedicated member of our team or the anesthesia and pain management service will be assigned exclusively to the task of closely monitoring your animal’s vitals and potential side effects during any procedure requiring pain management, sedation, or anesthesia.
Consider participating in a clinical trial to help our veterinarians discover new detection and treatment options for animal illnesses.
animal healthview all »
Find advice and information about taking care of your animal.