Livestock Veterinary Services
Open for Emergencies 24/7
If your livestock animal is experiencing a life-threatening illness or injury, seek immediate veterinary care.
Call ahead at (970) 297-5000 to help us prepare for your arrival. We’re open for emergencies and critical care 24/7, year round including holidays.
We provide routine veterinary care and highly specialized diagnostics, medical, and surgical treatment for cattle, sheep, goats, alpacas, llamas, pigs, and wild ruminants. We care for your production, show, and companion livestock, as well as support certain wildlife.
Basic livestock care
- Artificial insemination
- Basic diagnostics: bloodwork, X-rays, medical ultrasound, etc.
- Bull, ram, and buck breeding soundness examinations
- Calf scours/diarrhea
- Dystocia/difficult birth assistance
- Emergency and urgent care, including uterine prolapse, etc.
- Female breeding soundness examinations
- Foot trimming
- Fluid therapy
- Fracture repair
- Hardware disease treatment
- Health and travel certificates
- Lameness evaluation and treatment
- Lumpy jaw and woody tongue
- Navel infections
- Oxygen supplementation
- Pneumonia treatments
- Pregnancy evaluations, including by ultrasound
- Routine newborn care
- Vaginal and rectal prolapse
- Abdominal surgery, including umbilical hernias, etc.
- Gastrointestinal surgery, including displaced abomasum, rumen surgeries, etc.
- Head and neck surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Ophthalmologic surgery, including cancer eye treatment, etc.
- Orthopedic surgery, including digit/toe surgeries, broken limb repair, etc.
- Reproductive system surgeries, including c-sections, mastectomies, etc.
- Thoracic Surgery
- Upper airway surgery, including for sinus infections, tracheostomies, etc.
- Urinary surgery, including urinary blockages/stones, etc.
- Wound care and reconstruction, including laceration repair, etc.
Our team helps animals with advanced or complicated medical issues, including:
- Abdominal conditions, including those needing abdominal taps, etc.
- Blood transfusions
- Cardiac conditions, including pulmonary arterial pressure testing, etc.
- Gastrointestinal disease, including esophageal endoscopy, etc.
- Intensive newborn care
- Lameness, including those that need joint taps or injections, etc.
- Metabolic conditions, including additional diagnostics such as liver biopsy, etc.
- Neurological conditions (affecting the brain and/or spinal cord, or nerves)
- Reproductive tract conditions, including metritis, mastitis, preputial injuries, etc.
- Respiratory conditions and disease, including endoscopy
- Septicemia, including neonates (newborns)
- Urinary obstructions/blockages, infections, etc.
- Blood collection and testing
- Breeding soundness examinations
- Dehorning health certificates
- Physical examinations
- Pregnancy diagnosis
- Pulmonary arterial pressure testing
- Wound care
- Aqua Cow float tank system
- Blood donors for multiple species
- Rumen fluid donor cow
We partner with the hospital’s diagnostic imaging service to provide advanced imaging technologies and services to our clients.
“ I appreciate everything you have done for my livestock. The care and concern for the livestock, and for me, is unquestionably the best. I come away believing I have done my best for quality care and we learn something new every time we visit. Can't thank you enough! ”