If your horse is experiencing a life-threatening illness or injury, seek immediate veterinary care.
Call ahead at (970) 297-5000 to help us prepare for your arrival. We’re open for emergencies and critical care 24/7, year round including holidays.
We offer 24-hour-a-day, year-round directed and continuous care for critically ill or injured, emergency, and urgent care (same-day appointment) equine patients. The service is overseen by specialists with board certification in equine surgery, equine emergency/critical care, and equine internal medicine. Your animal will be treated and intensively monitored 24 hours a day during their entire stay with our service.
Conditions we treat
- Acute respiratory conditions
- Colic (abdominal pain indicated by pawing, rolling, or overall indications of pain)
- Dystocia (abnormal or difficult birthing)
- Epistaxis (bleeding from the nose)
- Exertional rhabdomyolysis (“tying up”)
- Eye or head trauma
- Neonatal emergencies
- Serious laceration of the limb or body
- Snake bite
- 24/7 surgical facility with attending anesthesia specialists
- Advanced monitoring equipment:
- Remote Piavet vitals monitoring system
- Adult intensive care stalls with remote video monitoring
- Mare-foal stalls
- Foal pens
- Neonatal exam foal bed
- Computed tomography (CT) scanner
- Dedicated intensive care aisle for colic patients
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner
- Neurology stall with video monitoring and overhead hoist for management of the down, post-surgical, or ataxic horse
- Overhead sling capabilities
- Stall-side neonatal intensive care unit
- Ultrasound and radiology
We partner with the hospital’s diagnostic imaging service to provide advanced imaging technologies and services to our clients.
Consider participating in a clinical trial to help our veterinarians discover new detection and treatment options for pet illnesses.