All in-hospital appointments will take place at the new Johnson Family Equine Hospital. When you arrive at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital located at 300 W. Drake Rd., follow signs north toward the equine hospital.
We offer care and support of the equine athlete with the latest diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitation techniques from birth through retirement; training through competition; and injury through rehabilitation. Offering both in-house and on-farm services, we come equipped with the latest knowledge, equipment, and technology for comprehensive care of your equine partner. We also offer a full-service inpatient equine rehabilitation service for horses needing post-operative rehabilitation or musculoskeletal recovery.
- Assistance with physical or behavior issues that limit your equine athlete
- Diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries
- Diagnostic imaging and interpretation
- Digital radiography
- Digital ultrasound
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
- Joint injections
- Lameness work-ups
- Laser therapy
- Pre-purchase examinations
- Poor performance evaluations
- Regenerative therapies (IRAP, PRP, ProStride, and bone marrow-derived stem cells)
- Rehabilitation consultations
- Rehabilitation services (in house)
- Saddle fit
- Therapeutic management of neck and back pain
- Ultrasound-guided procedures
- Underwater treadmill (available for in-house rehabilitation patients)
We partner with the hospital’s diagnostic imaging service to provide advanced imaging technologies and services to our clients.