2021 VMCAS and CSA Now Open
The 2021 Veterinary Medical College Application Service and Colorado Supplemental Application are now open.
Multiple mini interviews (MMI) are canceled and no longer a requirement for admission. Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required, nor will they be considered.
For information about how COVID-19 will affect the 2021 application cycle, visit our COVID-19 D.V.M. Admissions FAQ.
How to Apply
- Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) and Fee
- Three Letters of Reference
- Colorado Supplemental Application (CSA) and Fee
- TOEFL Scores (Required for all international applicants from a country whose primary language is not English.)
*Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required, nor will they be considered.
Complete Your VMCAS Application
- Application fee: Calculated based on the number of colleges to which you are applying.
- Transcripts: All transcripts must be received by VMCAS by September 1 to allow for verification.
- International transcripts (including Canada): Must be electronically processed through the World Education Services credential evaluation and received at VMCAS before September 15. WES will expedite your request for an additional fee. If all transcripts are not received at VMCAS before September 15, your application will not be verified.
- Three letters of recommendation: We suggest selecting one veterinarian, one academic source, and one employment source, but to ultimately select recommenders with whom you are most comfortable – with at least one being from a veterinarian.
*GRE scores are not required, nor will they be considered for the 2021 application cycle.
Complete Your CSA
- Application fee: A non-refundable $80 fee must be paid by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) at the time of submission.
- TOEFL Scores: Send test scores to CSU (using code 4075) through Educational Testing Service (ETS). Required for all international applicants from a country whose primary language is not English. Students are exempted from the TOEFL requirement if the official language of their country is English or they have recently earned a degree at an American university.
If you would like to apply to a special degree program, including the Alaska Collaborative Veterinary Program, any of the combined programs (D.V.M. – M.B.A., D.V.M. – M.P.H., D.V.M. – M.S.A., D.V.M. – M.S.T., D.V.M. – Ph.D.), or the Food Animal Veterinary Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), complete the additional essay/section within the CSA.
Submit documents to CSU Graduate Admissions
- More information about WICHE certification
- For candidates with offer/alternate status
- Transcript must show successful completion of any provisional/required prerequisites
We consider transfer applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program when space is available. Because the curriculum from one school rarely matches that of another, a transfer usually involves loss of time, commonly a year. All transfer students will be classified as non-sponsored regardless of his or her state of residency.
Ready to apply?
Complete the VMCAS
Application now open.
Complete the CSA
Application now open.