2022 VMCAS and CSA Now Closed
The 2023 Veterinary Medical College Application Service will open January 2022. The 2023 Colorado Supplemental Application will open July 2022.
How to Apply
- Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) and Fee
- Three Letters of Reference
- Colorado Supplemental Application (CSA) and Fee
- TOEFL Scores (Required for all international applicants from a country whose primary language is not English.)
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required, nor will they be considered.
Complete Your VMCAS Application
- Application fee: Calculated based on the number of colleges to which you are applying.
- Transcripts: All transcripts must be received by VMCAS by September 1 to allow for verification.
- International transcripts (including those from Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French) must be electronically processed through the World Education Services credential evaluation and received at VMCAS before September 15. Please request a course-by-course U.S. equivalency evaluation report. WES will expedite your request for an additional fee. If all transcripts are not received at VMCAS before September 15, your application will not be verified.
- Three letters of recommendation: We suggest selecting one veterinarian, one academic source, and one employment source, but to ultimately select recommenders with whom you are most comfortable – with at least one being from a veterinarian.
Complete Your CSA
- Application fee: A non-refundable $80 fee must be paid by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) at the time of submission.
- TOEFL Scores: Send test scores to CSU (using code 4075) through Educational Testing Service (ETS). Required for all international applicants from a country whose primary language is not English. Students are exempted from the TOEFL requirement if the official language of their country is English, they have recently earned a degree at an American university, or they are from Puerto Rico or an English-speaking Canadian territory.
If you would like to apply to a special degree program, including the Alaska Collaborative Veterinary Program, any of the combined programs (D.V.M. – M.B.A., D.V.M. – M.P.H., D.V.M. – M.S.A., D.V.M. – M.S.T., D.V.M. – Ph.D.), or the Food Animal Veterinary Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), complete the additional essay/section within the CSA.
2023 Application Timeline
Submit documents to CSU Graduate Admissions
More information about WICHE certification
- For candidates with offer/alternate status
- Transcript must show successful completion of any provisional/required prerequisites
Exact dates to be announced
We consider transfer applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program when space is available. Because the curriculum from one school rarely matches that of another, a transfer usually involves loss of time, commonly a year. All transfer students will be classified as non-sponsored regardless of his or her state of residency.
Foreign Graduate Clinical Training
Due to capacity limitations, we do not accept applicants for training opportunities necessary for Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) certification, National Examining Board (NEB) certification, Program for the Assessment of Veterinary Education Equivalence (PAVE®) certification, or other certification programs for graduates of international, non-accredited veterinary programs.
Ready to apply?
Complete the VMCAS
Application is closed.
Complete the CSA
Application is closed.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, Colorado State University publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes current security policies plus crime and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. The body of the report also contains contact information for various campus and community resources related to crime prevention and survivor assistance. View a digital copy of the report, or you can request a printed copy at the CSU Police Department in Green Hall.