Our team of board-certified internists provides diagnoses for dogs and cats experiencing ongoing medical issues, identifies the underlying cause of clinical signs, and develops comprehensive treatment plans for any diagnosed diseases or conditions. Care and treatment is provided by our team of experts for most internal conditions. We partner with the hospital’s cardiology, oncology, and surgery services to provide treatment for heart conditions, cancer, and issues requiring surgical intervention.
You may be referred to the internal medicine service if your pet is experiencing a decreased appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss or obesity, lethargy or depression, coughing, sneezing, respiratory distress, swollen joints, trouble swallowing or defecating, difficult or painful urination, dehydration, collapse, seizures or loss of consciousness, or any chronic illness.
Conditions we treat
- Endocrine disease (diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hyperadrenocorticism)
- Gastrointestinal disease (chronic vomiting or diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Immune-mediated disease (anemia, polyarthritis, thrombocytopenia)
- Infectious disease (tick- and flea-borne infections, leptospirosis, toxoplasmosis)
- Liver disease (hepatic lipidosis, cirrhosis)
- Renal disease (acute or chronic kidney failure)
- Respiratory disease (kennel cough, pneumonia, upper respiratory disease)
- Urinary disease (urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence)
- Urethral pressure profilometry
Consider participating in a clinical trial to help our veterinarians discover new detection and treatment options for pet illnesses.