Highly pathogenic avian influenza in Colorado
Due to the high transmissibility of this virus to all avian patients, if you have poultry or waterfowl pets coming in for an appointment, they must be admitted through our isolation ward.
For questions about bringing your poultry or waterfowl pet in for an appointment, call (970) 297-5000.
We offer high-quality diagnostics and treatment for companion avian and exotic species by the only board-certified specialists in Northern Colorado. We also partner with public zoological parks and aquariums, as well as wildlife rehabilitators, to provide care to wildlife.
Commonly treated animals include:
- Mammals: rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, ferrets, wallabies
- Birds: parrots, chickens, ducks/geese, falconry raptors
- Reptiles: snakes, lizards, turtles, tortoises, caimen
- Amphibians: frogs, salamanders, newts, toads
- Invertebrates: scorpions, spiders
- Beak and nail trimming
- Behavioral consultations
- Pre- and post-purchase exams
- Sex identification
- Spaying and neutering
- Wellness exams
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Dental exams
- Endoscopy and endosurgery
- Infectious disease testing
- Reproductive prevention in birds
- Teeth trimming for rodents and rabbits
Our dedicated hospital space allows us to keep your unique companion safe and comfortable.
We partner with the hospital’s diagnostic imaging service to provide advanced imaging technologies and services to our clients.
forms and resources
Find advice and information about taking care of your animal.