Application period open
The application period for the Emerging Issues Grant Program is currently open and accepting applications on a rolling basis. Review the Request for Applications (RFA) for details and specific submission guidelines.
Questions? Contact HICAHS Center Coordinator, Morgan Valley: email@example.com.
Current “Emerging Issues” Priorities 2020-2021
Proposed projects should address at least one of the priorities listed below:
- Mental health
- Substance abuse/misuse
- Extreme weather/climate change
- Distracted machinery operation
- Labor issues, particularly labor shortages and high turnover
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Land-based fish production/aquaculture
- Issues related to youth on the farm
- Zoonotic diseases, including COVID-19
- Connections between animal, environmental, and human health
Applicants should submit a short (no more than 2 pages) proposal describing:
- The problem and the associated burden (risk, population affected)
- Project objectives
- Approach, including a detailed plan on how the study will be conducted given current impact of SARS2/COVID19 to ensure that the study can be completed within the proposed timeframe
- Likely outcome or result
- Potential impact
- Brief budget
- Letter(s) of Support
Submit your application electronically in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct rolling rapid reviews of proposals and can provide a more specific decision timeline when an application is submitted.