Application period closed
The application period for the Emerging Issues Grant Program is currently closed and will reopen in late summer 2020. Sign-up for our e-newsletter to receive notification when the application period opens.
Current “Emerging Issues” Priorities 2019-2020
Proposed projects should address at least one of the priorities listed below:
- Mental health
- Substance abuse/misuse
- Extreme weather/climate change
- Distracted machinery operation
- Labor issues, particularly labor shortages and high turnover
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Land-based fish production/aquaculture
- Download the request for applications (RFA) for application and submission instructions.
- Submit application by 11:59pm MST on December 3, 2019.
- Applications should be submitted as a single PDF and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchases made/expenses incurred after this date will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Although a formal interim report will not be required, HICAHS staff may contact awardees to obtain updates on research progress, including products and narratives resulting from the award.
- A final written report must be submitted within 60 days after the end of the budget period, with results preferably presented in manuscript form or in the form of a brief white paper with executive summary. This report should also document all presentations, publications, students/trainees supported, and extramural funds that have resulted, in part, directly or indirectly from this award.
- The investigator must acknowledge support from the High Plains Intermountain Center for Agricultural Health and Safety in all publications and presentations resulting from the award, using CDC NIOSH U54OH008085. Use of the HICAHS logo is encouraged, and logo files are available by emailing email@example.com.