Chocolate is bad for dogs because of the stimulants it contains, caffeine and theobromine. If your dog ate chocolate, call your veterinarian.
Tag: toxins and poisons
Labeled as “xylitol” within the ingredients list for most products, the same plant-derived substance can also be identified as “birch sugar” or “birch sap” in others.
Accidental poisoning is among the most common problems we see in emergency veterinary medicine, so it’s a good idea for pet owners to understand sources of toxicity, to take preventative steps, and to have a plan for response in case of ingestion.
This information will help you avoid potential dangers – and will help you respond if your pet does get into something poisonous.