Prior to your visit, complete three forms:
- Pre-Insemination/Breeding Information Form
- Frozen semen certificate
- Pre-Semen Collection for Assessment and Freezing form (if you will be storing the sample here)
Email us to submit completed paperwork and schedule a collection appointment (available Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- We recommend bringing your own teaser to the appointment, so please try to schedule accordingly.
- If you do not have a teaser available, we can potentially schedule the collection while we have an in-heat female here for progesterone timing.
- We cannot guarantee we will have a teaser available for your collection.
- If we do provide a teaser, we will be extremely cautious with her and our safety. We will not collect from an aggressive dog.
Once the collection is completed, we will perform an initial evaluation and give our recommendation for the freezability of the sample.
At this time, you will only be charged for the semen collection and evaluation.
Frozen samples will be evaluated five to seven days after freezing, which is when you can expect final freeze results.
- We will email you a report with all of the sample information (post-thaw motility, post-thaw morphology, etc.) and how many breeding units your dog produced.
- If the sample did not tolerate the freeze process, we might have recommendations that may improve future freeze results and we will let you know at this time.
- After you have been contacted with post-thaw results, you will be charged for the freeze based on number of breeding units. Semen storage will also be charged at this time and will be prorated for the remainder of the calendar year. If you choose to transfer the sample, arrangements can be made at this time.
- If you decide not to keep the frozen sample for any reason, please let us know and fill out the Semen Release Form.