Elbow Injection Trial
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE TRIAL
Pilot study: Evaluation of Intra-Articular injection of hydrophilic extracellular matrix biomaterial on naturally occurring elbow osteoarthritis-associated pain in dogs
To evaluate whether a novel product (Spryng) that is injected directly into the elbow joint can reduce lameness and improve function in dogs affected by naturally occurring osteoarthritis of the elbow joint.
Dogs will undergo serial evaluations, including a joint block to confirm that the elbow osteoarthritis is the source of the lameness. Dogs will be randomly assigned to receive treatment of both elbows with either the novel joint injection product combined with steroids or steroids only if assigned to the placebo group.
- Your dog will need to be returned to the CSU-VTH for a total of 7 visits for data collection and will have to undergo 2 sedated procedures.
- The follow-up period is 12 months.
- Fill out owner questionnaires regarding your dog’s mobility and pain level.
All visits/treatments will be provided free of charge. If all study visits, forms, and other requirements are fulfilled, you will receive an incentive of $1000 at the completion of the study.
- Dogs with bilateral osteoarthritis of the elbow
- Dogs must weigh over 10kg
- Dogs must receive consistent treatment for osteoarthritis, including NSAIDs
Enrollment ends January 24, 2023
Please complete our enrollment survey.