To Be Announced: Research Day 2022
The date for Research Day 2022 will be announced Fall 2021.
Our annual symposium showcases cutting-edge student research and innovative research approaches. Connecting local researchers and scientists, Research Day enhances collaboration and communication between basic and clinical researchers. All members of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences community are encouraged to participate in this free online event.
Research Day 2021
Posters from Research Day 2021 can be viewed via iPoster through April 30, 2021.
- First Place: Bridget Ecklund, MIP, Dean Lab, “NOD2 expression by mucosal CD11c+ cells is required for a humoral immune response against the Lactobacillus acidophilus vaccine platform”
- Second Place: Camron Pearce, MIP, Gonzalez-Juarerro, “Characterizing nanoparticle localization in M. tuberculosis infected lungs”
- Third Place: Amy Fox, MIP, Henao-Tamayo and Anderson, “Bactcountr: a tool for calculating colony forming units”
Oral Presentation (Basic Science) Winners
- First Place: Christina Geldert, Seshadri Lab, “Dietary supplementation with phytochemicals improves diversity and abundance of honey bee gut microbiota”
- Second Place: Holly Stewart, CS, Kawcak Lab, “Development of an experimental model of bone marrow lesions using the rat femoral condyle”
- Third Place: Samantha Labb, ERHS, Sudowe Lab, “Separation of americium in higher oxidation states from curium for nuclear waste recycling”
Oral Presentation (Clinical Science) Winners
- First Place: Carly Gregory, CS, Hall, “Evaluation of outcome associated with feline trauma: a Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT) registry study”
- Second Place: Ken Fukushima, CS, Lappin Lab, “Effect of a commercially available synbiotic on mycophenolate associated diarrhea”
Golden Pipette Winner
Department of Clinical Sciences